If you don't know yet, we bought an old farmhouse in the Azores! To think about setting up our home from another country is kind of overwhelming, but Rome wasn't built over night, as the saying goes, so it's just one step at a time, right?
We're here getting our bearings for a month to see what we need, and where we can get it. I have a running list going of things that come up as we need it, and one of them is a first aid kit.
Kinda basic, but often overlooked, until you realize you need something.
When I was packing to come here, I did think of a few things that are helpful when traveling and they've proven to be so.
I find that the essential items to have on hand in your home, or whenever you're traveling are:
- Tea tree oil because it helps heal insect bites or itchy, irritated skin and is an antiseptic for any kind of cut.
- Oregano oil because it cures the first sign of a sore throat or cold and canker sores.
- Grapefruit seed extract because it heals any imbalance in the stomach, which is the leading cause of any illness.
- Ginger because it helps keep the immune system strong. Slice some up and steep in hot water for a quick cold remedy.
- Lemon because it's alkalizing and naturally detoxifying - drink lemon water all day to stay healthy and cleansed!
- Garlic because it's a natural anti-biotic, anti-fungal and anti-viral, so will kill off any disturbance in the body.
- Vitamin D because it really pumps up your immune system and helps your brain function optimally.
There you have it. Super simple everyday ingredients that have powerful healing properties. Try one, or any of these essential oil remedies next time you get a cold or skin condition.